Terms & Conditions
Last updated February 20, 2023
barq is a free service catered to the Furry Fandom. We define Furries as all who have any form of interest in or relation to anthropomorphic animals (animals with human-like aspects). We understand that our users are often interested in similar fandoms (anime, cosplay, gaming etc.) as well. We don't mind overlapping content but our primary focus is the Furry Fandom.
- By registering an account, you agree that you are at least sixteen (16) years of age. No individual under the age of sixteen (16) may register an account, use our services, provide any personal information to barq, or otherwise upload or transmit personal information through our services (Name, address, telephone number, email address, etc).
- You agree to provide accurate and truthful information when registering your account.
- You agree to not submit any content (Username, Pictures, Text, Videos etc.) or use our app in a way that violates our Community Guidelines.
- You agree to not transfer your account ownership to another user.
- You agree not to use your account to impersonate individuals or organizations.
- You agree to not use your account to circumvent the terms and policies of barq, or aid any user in doing so.
- You agree that we reserve the right to remove, reclaim, or rename any account for any reason.
- You agree that you are responsible for any activity on your account and that any violations of this document or those therein will be applied to all of your accounts.
- You agree that as there is a limit of one account per person. You will use barq's services as intended and NOT to:
- Tamper with, nor use non-public areas of these services.
- Probe, scan, nor test any of our systems or networks for any reason.
- Attempt to neither breach nor circumvent any security or authentication measure.
- Attempt to neither access nor search our services by any means (automated or otherwise) that negatively impacts site performance.
- Scrape our services, content, or content belonging to those using our services in a way that negatively impacts site performance.
- Use our services to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information (e.g. Forged TCP-IP packet headers, email headers).
- Attempt to, interfere, nor disrupt the access of any user, host or network.
- Create accounts simply to reserve them and prevent their use by others.
Although barq allows sharing of adult content in designated areas of the app, the feature is disabled by default and may only be enabled via your account settings if you are legally allowed to view it in The Netherlands (18 years of age). If we determine that you may not be legally allowed to access this content, we will restrict your access to mature and adult content until you can verify your age via government photo identification. Any attempt to bypass this measure may result in all current and future accounts registered by you to be permanently banned. Even if eventually you do reach the age of 18.
By downloading or using the app, these terms will automatically apply to you – you should make sure therefore that you read them carefully before using the app. You’re not allowed to copy, or modify the app, any part of the app, or our trademarks in any way. You’re not allowed to attempt to extract the source code of the app, and you also shouldn’t try to translate the app into other languages, or make derivative versions. The app itself, and all the trade marks, copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights related to it, still belong to Godev.
Godev is committed to ensuring that the app is as useful and efficient as possible. For that reason, we reserve the right to make changes to the app or to charge for its services, at any time and for any reason. We will never charge you for the app or its services without making it very clear to you exactly what you’re paying for.
The barq app stores and processes personal data that you have provided to us. It’s your responsibility to keep your phone and access to the app secure. We therefore recommend that you do not jailbreak or root your phone, which is the process of removing software restrictions and limitations imposed by the official operating system of your device. It could make your phone vulnerable to malware/viruses/malicious programs, compromise your phone’s security features and it could mean that the barq app won’t work properly or at all.
Some of our services are designed to let you upload, submit, store, send, receive, or share your content. You have no obligation to provide any content to our services and you’re free to choose the content that you want to provide. If you choose to upload or share content, please make sure you have the necessary rights to do so and that the content is lawful. When uploading your content to any of our services, you grant us a worldwide non-exclusive license to your content. This license allows us to:
- host, reproduce, distribute, communicate, and use your content — for example, to save your content on our systems and make it accessible from anywhere you go.
- publish, publicly perform, or publicly display your content, if you’ve made it visible to others
- modify your content, such as reformatting, resizing or translating it
This license lasts for as long as your content is protected by intellectual property rights. If you remove from our services any content that’s covered by this license, then our systems will stop making that content publicly available in a reasonable amount of time.
The app does use third party services that declare their own Terms and Conditions. Link to Terms and Conditions of third party service providers used by the app
You should be aware that there are certain things that Godev will not take responsibility for. Certain functions of the app will require the app to have an active internet connection. The connection can be Wi-Fi, or provided by your mobile network provider, but Godev cannot take responsibility for the app not working at full functionality if you don’t have access to Wi-Fi, and you don’t have any of your data allowance left.
If you’re using the app outside of an area with Wi-Fi, you should remember that your terms of the agreement with your mobile network provider will still apply. As a result, you may be charged by your mobile provider for the cost of data for the duration of the connection while accessing the app, or other third party charges. In using the app, you’re accepting responsibility for any such charges, including roaming data charges if you use the app outside of your home territory (i.e. region or country) without turning off data roaming. If you are not the bill payer for the device on which you’re using the app, please be aware that we assume that you have received permission from the bill payer for using the app.
Along the same lines, Godev cannot always take responsibility for the way you use the app i.e. You need to make sure that your device stays charged – if it runs out of battery and you can’t turn it on to avail the Service, Godev cannot accept responsibility.
With respect to Godev’s responsibility for your use of the app, when you’re using the app, it’s important to bear in mind that although we endeavour to ensure that it is updated and correct at all times, we do rely on third parties to provide information to us so that we can make it available to you. Godev accepts no liability for any loss, direct or indirect, you experience as a result of relying wholly on this functionality of the app.
At some point, we may wish to update the app. The app is currently available on Android & iOS – the requirements for both systems(and for any additional systems we decide to extend the availability of the app to) may change, and you’ll need to download the updates if you want to keep using the app. Godev does not promise that it will always update the app so that it is relevant to you and/or works with the Android & iOS version that you have installed on your device. However, you promise to always accept updates to the application when offered to you, We may also wish to stop providing the app, and may terminate use of it at any time without giving notice of termination to you. Unless we tell you otherwise, upon any termination, (a) the rights and licenses granted to you in these terms will end; (b) you must stop using the app, and (if needed) delete it from your device.
We may update our Terms and Conditions from time to time. Thus, you are advised to review this page periodically for any changes. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Terms and Conditions on this page.
These terms and conditions are effective as of december 5, 2021
If you have any questions or suggestions about our Terms and Conditions, do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]
- September 27, 2022: Updated the community guidelines and content policy
- April 19, 2022: Added new content policy and refined the existing content rules
- February 11, 2022: Added community guidelines, added Sentry and changed age limit from 18 to 16.
- December 5, 2021: Initial revision